MLP Licensed Conflict Management Programme
Maybo’s Licensed Conflict Management Programme
Giving organisations the capability to deliver the UK’s leading Conflict Management Physical Intervention packages through their own trainers
The high level of its training programmes is recognised by several awarding bodies, and Maybo is in the unique position of offering an awarding body accredited physical intervention programme. Organisations that become licensed to run Maybo programmes will have the infrastructure to run accredited courses that have end user certification from the appropriate awarding body.
Courses available in the Maybo licensed programmes
Tutor training specific disciplines are:
- Conflict Management
- Physical Intervention: Disengagement skills
- Escort and Holding skills
- Additional holding skills, i.e. horizontal
- Plus programmes on specialist areas eg, care, ambulance services, children and therapeutic services.
Top quality training materials support the courses
Maybo has developed outstanding training and delegate resources. These include:
- Comprehensive tutor resources including tutor manuals and Tutor CDs with PowerPoint slides and trainer administrative documents.
- Superb A4, colour workbooks for delegates in each discipline and training record cards
Administration is simple
Maybo has created a secure web-based management system which provides:
- Simple delegate registration and ordering of resources
- Course administration and recording
- Instant training reports and management information
- Staff survey and training evaluation: post course and workplace options
Why have a Maybo Licence to train in conflict management?
- Maybo is regarded as a leader in the field of violence risk management and trainer development and can advise on organisational policy and risk management.
- Maybo training maps to key standards and qualifications and encourages non physical responses to conflict and violence.
- Maybo’s physical intervention skills are based on natural movements that do not rely on strength or aggression. These non-violent skills have been medically reviewed and have earned considerable credibility across different sectors.
- Maybo offers a calming approach and less aversive skill set that has reduced restraint in higher risk environments and inspired confidence when ultimately it has been needed.
- Violence is a complex risk to manage and Maybo helps its clients and tutors to integrate training with other measures to ensure a positive impact.
What will be the scope of the licences?
An organisation will typically be licensed to deliver Maybo training in one of the following sectors:
- Security and Licensed Retail: Skills for Security and BIIAB accredited
- Other work Sectors: City and Guilds accredited, accessible for Maybo centres working in housing, local authority, government, justice, retail, utilities, charity and voluntary sectors.
- Care: City and Guilds accredited, accessible for Maybo centres in NHS and independent care, ambulance, general hospital, primary care, plus social services. Includes aspects for adults with learning disabilities or mental health issues.
- Children: City and Guilds accredited, accessible for Maybo centres in care, justice or educational environment for children.
Licenses are specific to one programme and scope of end-user delivery. Each sector has different needs and requires specific materials, knowledge and skills.
Who is eligible for the Maybo Licensed Programmes?
Requirements differ between sectors and Maybo embraces those set by the leading body in that sector. Maybo can advise and support.
Maybo will assess the organisation’s quality assurance processes, including insurance cover and suitability of nominated tutors. Those that pass the criteria will be invited to apply to become a Maybo centre.
For the conflict management there is 10 to 15 hours of pre-course learning. For the physical intervention course there is 3 to 5 hours of pre-learning.
- Conflict management – 5 days
- Physical intervention in disengagement – 4 days
- Physical intervention combined disengagement and holding skills – 5 days
- Physical intervention in addition holding typically requires an additional – 2 days
Assessment: Please note that tutors will be assessed. Those not reaching the required level of competency will be deferred. For those wishing to be re-assessed additional learning support may be necessary.
Additional Tutor Development and Coaching: Maybo can provide additional coaching support for tutors on their initial deliveries to further build tutor confidence and ensure a successful launch of the new training programme.
For further information on the course content and objectives please contact us at:
Phone: 02890 393482